Feeling pain or discomfort when passing urine? You may have a urinary tract infection or UTI. UTIs plague women and men of all ages, but women are most susceptible. Infection occurs when certain bacteria build up in the urinary tract. E. coli causes 80 percent of urine infections. According to the Mayo Clinic, symptoms of UTIs include:
- A strong urge to urinate
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
- Urine that appears cloudy
- Strong-smelling urine
- Pelvic pain in women
Cranberry to buy online with vitamin C:
The absolute best cranberry juice is the one you can prepare yourself — at home but you can also buy it online if you don’t have the time
Fresh cranberries are much better than the cranberry-style cocktails, which are loaded with processed sugars. Frozen cranberries are a better choice when fresh are not available.
- 1 pound fresh cranberries (or frozen cranberries)
- 4 cups water
- Raw honey to taste
1. Wash and drain fresh or frozen red cranberries.2. Add cranberries and water into a large pan.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium, continue to cook until berries burst.
5. Remove from the stove. Strain juice through a fine mesh strainer — lined with a cheesecloth — into another pan.
6. Add enough honey to taste, if desired.
7. Reheat juice until almost (but not quite) boiling.
8. Pour into a clean and sterilized jar.
If making your own cranberry juice seems too daunting, then choose bottled organic, unsweetened cranberry juice. If you need a little sweetness, opt for raw honey or all-natural stevia. Enjoy!